Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 23:Pretty

Today I woke up at 6:50. It was a rushed morning, and I was incredibly unsure about my makeup. I decided on a bronzey brown color but was very insecure about it the whole day. I really want some better eyeshadow applicators though I'm impressed with what I've been able to do with the crap that I've got now.


Today was the first day I used a waist belt. this was really exciting because it was my secret guilty girly fetish before this whole experiment. Most feminist-minded people would expect me to realize my mistake and complain about how it constricted my breathing and wasn't worth it. It was! It's an instant confidence booster. I can eat as much as I want and not feel self conscious. It was like a little fairy godmother saying "eat up, I got you covered."

When I took it off at the end of the day I felt my gut spill out. Instead of feeling relieved, I felt exposed. All of a sudden I realized my perfect little waist was just an illusion, that I did eat out at Azteca today, and that it did show.

Also, men seemed to love it! I got a lot of compliments, especially from my boyfriend.

As the month begins to end, school is really winding up, and I've realized how hasty I've been with starting this experiment. I had no idea how much time and effort it would take to keep it up and how little I feel I've accomplished compared to what I know I could have if I had done more research and had more time.

My shoe injures are healing!



This being said, I've decided to not adopt another personality until after the quarter ends. I want to really get the full experience of each person I'm becoming and mostly what I've gotten out of being girly are the clothes, which is just the tip of the iceberg for the personality. I feel like I've really let myself and other down with my hastiness, and next time around, things will really be well planned.

I also realized I need to know more cultural stuff in order to have more informed blog entries. I want to really take this seriously, but I'm just worried I don't have the means/knowledge/friends to make this go as far as it could go.

I've discovered that Glamour.com is much better that Cosmopolitan.com and had an awesome article about how girls need to dress down for men to show they're not as high maintenance as the actually are. It's good to know that men are smart enough to pick up on those cues, though I'm sure lots of guys are completely oblivious. If you are a guy and have no idea what I'm talking about, check out this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment