Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 20: Shopping!

I woke up at 10:30 AM. It feels so good to wake up late(r)! Though if it were my choice I would have slept until 3 pm. It was warm outside today so I decided to wear this number:

Today I went shopping with a friend. It's much more fun to go shopping with a girl; their opinions are more informed, less personally biased (for men they think certain clothes are stupid because their lack of functionality).

I realized that shopping is a lot like writing; sometimes you just find/know what's cute and other times you're uninspired and just don't really know what to get. I'm still not thrilled about shopping, but this time it wasn't nearly as stressful and turned out to be a lot of fun.


I thought my new fashion savvy might prevail and once I tried it on I would know what the hell this dress was aiming for. Instead I ended up showing my crotch and making my ass look completely unbecoming. Hopefully it will pay off and someone will tell me what the deal with this dress is.


Something I love about girl time is the level of honesty I can have regarding relationships. Both of us have free reign to pour our hearts out with the dirtiest, naughtiest tidbits of gossip. I wonder if this type of interaction were to continue would things turn sour? Not that I think Annie and I would start getting catty, but just seeing Real Housewives of Orange County, it makes me a little leery of girl time.

I wonder why it is that girls can turn on each other so readily, yet still claim that their girlfriends are BFF's and nothing could bring them apart.

When I was in 6th grade a boy I had a crush on asked me out. I was ecstatic, then one of my best friends formulated some lie to bring us apart because she had a crush on him too. It was a long time ago, and I don't remember the details anymore, but it was the first time I dealt with cattiness.

Perhaps I'm just uninformed, maybe my bad luck along with seeing too many trashy reality shows makes me believe that women are never to be trusted.

Yay! Grey leggings!

Also, my boyfriend and I were watching Sex and the City and he told me that girls were way more vulgar than guys. He said guy time doesn't ever include divulging vulgar/intimate details because it would be completely unacceptable. Of course, Noah is a very respectful man and doesn't think it's right to divulge personal details with other men.

I wouldn't say that he is like most men in that regard, so it could be a completely different case for the typical "guy", who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment