Sunday, January 17, 2010

Experiment #1: The Girly Girl

Who I am

Girly Aspects of my life:
I have one set of makeup: B
are Minerals. This is a pack of the basics needed for makeup. I have one pack of cheap blue eyeshadow I got for Halloween but that's as colorful as my makeup gets. I wear it when I'm going out to party or hang out with friends or just when I feel like it.

I rarely shave my legs, and I occasionally forget to shave my armpits. I'm not a very clean person honestly, I have a messy room and personal hygiene is a somewhat lower priority. This is one of my shameful characteristics, but whenever I do have a clean room I can't figure out where
anything is!





I like to dress with class, though I don't put nearly as much effort into it as other girls. I usually wear the same jacket for 3 seasons, so what I wear under it is usually not seen. I have 2 pairs of shoes I wear regularly; one I got for $10 at Walmart in the Men's Dept. and another pair of running shoes I got at Ross. I have some formal heels I rarely wear and don't fit.

Personality:
I'm incredibly vulgar, belch loudly in informal settings and love checking out other girls. I could care less about other men, girls are more fun to look at because they have so much variety. I love to go online to websites like collegehumor and cracked.com, on Collegehumor I like to look at the picture galleries of girls, and random funny stuff. Cracked.com has articles that are funny and slightly informative like "The Six Most Bizarre Global Warming Effects" I also frequent Digg.com which contains random links that people collectively "dug"
.

I would much rather be one of the guys than one of the girls. I have a fear of women because in past friendships there have been issues with jealousy and I'm scared of having to deal with that again. I do have girlfriends though, but I never go out with them I just see them at school.

Overall, I would say I have some girly tendecies but I honestly I relate more to men in social situations.

This, surprisingly is the first experiment proposed by my beloved boyfriend. I've always considered myself manly at heart. My childhood was spent with extremely fashionably inclined twin stepsisters though so I still know how to look good but I tend to keep the clothing inventory at a minimum.

The Plan

Since this is my first experiment, I thought girly girl would be easier than most transitions. I talked to some people and
Anyway, I understand that "girly girl" is a broad category so I'll list what this will require for me:

  1. Dressing with accessories
  2. Going to the mall at least every other week
  3. Buying uncomfortable clothing and shoes (no more $10 Walmart shoes from the Men's Dept!)
  4. Going tanning regularly
  5. Gaining more knowledge of fashion do's and don'ts
  6. Surrounding myself with "girlfriends"
  7. Waking up extra early to do my makeup and style my hair
  8. Showering every night
  9. Working out for the sole purpose of looking more attractive
  10. Not laughing or joining in conversations about these topics: gore, sex (unless it involves making love), bodily functions, controlling and/or high maintenance girls, checking out girls, "would you hit that" conversations, philosophical debates, politics, or anything that might make someone uncomfortable. (This will be incredibly hard for me to do but will help me with rule #7 since all my guy friends will be alienated)
  11. Join in or contribute to conversations about: fashion, celebrities, guys, love, marriage, children, relationships
  12. Give hugs to everyone, act peppy, smile
  13. Plan out outfits one day in advance
  14. Always squat over toilets or use toilet seat covers
  15. Look at my reflection as often as possible, when going to the bathroom primp for at least 30 seconds
  16. Go to Starbucks when I need coffee make sure its always iced, non fat, and soy
  17. STOP going on the internet looking at random crap! I am now banning: cracked.com, collegehumor, digg, youtube, listverse, 2leep

1 comment: